What do I need to do to secure a residential burn permit?

If you live within the City limits, just call the Fire Department at 770-461-4548 and notify us that you intend on burning. We do not issue permits, but request notification to ensure that we are able to review the rules for outdoor controlled burning. We will occasionally deny a request to conduct a controlled burn, based on prevailing weather conditions. Commercial burn permits, for projects such as land clearing, must be obtained through the Fire Marshal’s office.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Fire Department's current Insurance Services Office (ISO) Rating?
2. Are the fire stations staffed 24 hours a day?
3. What is the non-emergency phone number, and when should I call it?
4. How do I schedule a station tour or fire safety class?
5. How do I obtain a copy of an incident report?
6. How do I apply for employment?
7. When is the Burn Ban in effect?
8. What are the rules for conducting a controlled burn?
9. What if someone complains about my controlled burn?
10. What do I need to do to secure a residential burn permit?
11. What if I live in Fayette County and need a burn permit?