The City of Fayetteville is currently seeking to fill an unexpired term on the Downtown Development Authority (DDA Board). This appointment expires December 31, 2024. Please visit our website at www.fayetteville-ga.gov for more information and application or contact Anne Barksdale, City Clerk, at [email protected] or 770-719-4159. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 27, 2022.
Click here to download the DDA board member application.
Downtown Development Authority (DDA) – Four-Year term
- DDA Board consists of seven directors (members), to be appointed by the Mayor and approved by Council. Board members each serve a four (4) year term.
- Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 8:00am
- Directors shall be a resident of the City of Fayetteville and/or own or operate a business within the city’s downtown development area and live in Fayette County. One of such directors may be a member of the governing body of the municipal corporation.
- Not less than four of the directors must have an economic interest in the redevelopment and revitalization of the downtown development area
- Each director shall attend and complete at least eight hours of training on downtown development and redevelopment programs within the first 12 months of a director’s appointment to the authority.
- This is a volunteer board, however directors shall be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties.