The Fayetteville Police Department is always looking for dedicated, trustworthy, and honest employees. We look for experienced officers as well as individuals looking to start a career in law enforcement.
Salary & Benefits
We offer qualified candidates the following:
- A starting salary of $55,016 (certified and non-certified)
- A take-home car program, provided you live within 30 miles of the nearest city limit.
- $600 annual uniform allowance
- Defined-benefit (Pension) Plan
- 12-hour shifts (rotate every 4 months)
- 10 days Annual Leave
- 12 days Sick Leave
- 80 hours of paid training each year
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Employee plus Family bi-weekly cost: $128.51
- HRA to cover deductible over $500 per individual
- Employer Paid Insurance
- $50,000 Life
- $50,000 AD&D
- Long-term Disability
In addition, the City pays National Fraternal Order of Police dues, which provides tuition for an associate's or bachelor's degree for the officer, their spouse, and their children. The City also pays the officer's POAB dues, which in turn provides yet another retirement benefit.
Apply for a Job
To see a listing of our jobs and submit an application, visit our Job Board.