The Economic Development Department encourages business expansion, job creation, workforce development, and capital investment within the City of Fayetteville.
As a department within the Community & Economic Development Division, the Economic Development Department helps to recruit companies and cultivate relationships locally, regionally, and across the state and nation to foster a strong Fayetteville business community.
The Economic Development Department is also responsible for promoting the assets within Fayetteville's downtown district as a great place for business, residents, and visitors. This is achieved through targeted business recruitment, redevelopment projects, special events, and design enhancements that enhance the quality of life for Fayetteville residents and encourage private sector investment into what has become a thriving and vibrant downtown.
The director also serves as Executive Director for the Main Street Fayetteville program and the Downtown Development Authority, and works closely with the City Council to affect positive change in the downtown district.
Targeted industries for our city include:
- Corporate Headquarters and Research Facilities
- Data Centers
- Film/Television Production and Support
- Creative, Digital, and Gaming Media
- Health Technology
Within the Downtown District:
- Local or Unique, Boutique Restaurant and Retail
- Tourism-related Businesses
- Cultural Arts Activities
Assets / Infrastructure
- 20-minute drive time to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Robust fiber network
- Sophisticated workforce
- Consistently top-ranked school system
- Two Major State Highways providing ready access to surrounding Metro-Atlanta communities
- Thriving Downtown District offering amenities and nightlife
We have a leadership team that is tremendously supportive of economic development initiatives. The Mayor and Council have adopted an economic development strategy which includes an incentives plan for prospects whose project goals meet certain criteria and align with those of the City.
If you are a company representative or site selection consultant considering Fayetteville for a new facility or expansion, please contact our department.